1) Club Rules apply unless specified to the contrary by the following rules.
2) Games will be played with a 28.5-size basketball and a 9’ 6" basket.
3) All players must play Man-to-Man defense. Zone defense is prohibited.
4) Double teaming is prohibited unless the offensive player in control of the ball is in the 3-second lane.
5) Backcourt defense is prohibited. Defensive players cannot pressure the offensive players once they have gained possession of the ball in the backcourt. The ball must cross into the frontcourt before a defensive player can pressure the ball. If the offensive team loses control of the ball in the backcourt, the defensive team cannot take possession of the ball until it crosses the halfcourt line.
a) EXCEPTION: Backcourt defense is permitted in the last 2 minutes of the game.
6) On any violation of Rule 3, 4 or 5 above, the referee will stop the game and award the ball to the offensive team out of bounds. A team's 3rd warning (and each successive warning) will result in a two shot technical foul with the offensive team keeping possession of the ball.
7) Coaches are encouraged to form offensive strategies that incorporate involvement for all players. The “spread” or “4-corner” offense with the intention of player “isolation”, whether for purposes of helping an offensive player to score or to keep an offensive player away from the basket in order to minimize the number of defensive players near the basket, is illegal. On a violation of Rule 7, the referee will stop the game and award the ball to the offensive team out of bounds. A team's 3rd warning (and each successive warning) will result in a two shot technical foul with the offensive team losing possession of the ball. A “spread offense” is different from the offensive team “spreading the floor”. Spreading the offensive floor followed by team movement towards the basket is sound basketball strategy and is not a spread
offense in terms of “isolation”. Thus, setting up an offense in a spread position in order to begin the offensive play is not illegal.
8) Final decisions of rule interpretations will be made by the referee. REMEMBER: WE ARE HERE FOR THE KIDS!!!!!